Clogged arteries? Here are the first 5 things you should do to clean up your diet.
0:00 What causes clogged arteries?
1:14 Best foods to clean out your arteries
4:30 Vitamin D and arterial health
5:39 How to bullet-proof your immune system course
In this video, we’re going to talk about the best foods to clean out your arteries.
The most inner part of your arteries is called the endothelial layer. If there is a dysfunction with this layer, you can develop inflammation. In turn, this inflammation can cause scarring, calcium deposits, and cholesterol deposits to build up.
A CAC (coronary artery calcification) test is the absolute best way to detect the state of your arteries. Get one of these tests and, if you have signs of build-up, clean up your diet with the tips below. Have a CAC test every few months until the problem is resolved.
Here are the best things you can do to clean out your arteries:
1. Lower your carbohydrates and do intermittent fasting to improve your insulin levels. High insulin causes a massive amount of inflammation throughout your body, which can contribute to clogged arteries and clots. High insulin can also cause AGEs (advanced glycated end products), which is a situation where the proteins inside your arteries become damaged. The first thing you need to do is normalize your insulin levels.
2. Consume foods rich in vitamin K2. Vitamin K2 lowers the amount of calcium in your blood and transports it to your bones. If you take vitamin D3, make sure you take it with vitamin K2. Natto, liver, eggs, butter, grass-fed beef, cheese, and sauerkraut are great sources of vitamin K2.
3. Take tocotrienols. Tocotrienols are a form of vitamin E, which is 50X more effective than tocopherols. This is a powerful antioxidant that can help reduce inflammation and promote a healthy cardiovascular system.
4. Increase omega-3 fatty acids, and lower omega-6 fatty acids. Cut the soy oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, and other vegetable oils out of your diet. Instead, replace them with healthy fats, including fatty fish (such as salmon), cod liver oil, walnuts, and grass-fed meats. A good omega-3 to omega-6 ratio helps supports cardiovascular health.
5. Increase your potassium. Potassium helps keep your arteries soft and not hardened. 7-10 cups of vegetables a day are vital to maintaining healthy potassium levels.
Pomegranate is a great remedy for high blood pressure.
Additionally, vitamin D is important for lowering your inflammation. Get plenty of sunlight or take a vitamin D3 supplement.
FREE COURSE➜ ➜
Talk to a Product Advisor to find the best product for you!
Call 1-540-299-1556 with your questions about Dr. Berg's products. Product Advisors are available Monday through Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm EST.
* At this time, we no longer offer Keto Consulting and our Product Advisors will only be advising on which product is best for you and advise on how to take them.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, age 56, is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG'S SHOP:
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG:
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Thanks for watching. I hope this helped explain the best foods to clean out your arteries. I’ll see you in the next video.